Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Oilex advised that the well is being prepared for well clean-up flow and production testing. The well is currently being flowed to surface to remove stimulation fluids from the eighth fracture stimulation stage and hydrocarbons are being flowed intermittently to surface along with the stimulation fluids. Milling operations to open up the remaining seven fracture stimulation stages have started. After the completion of the clean-up operations a flow test will be conducted.
The Cambay-76H "proof of concept" horizontal well is evaluating the production potential of the Y Zone interval of the extensive deep Eocene "tight" reservoirs in the onshore Cambay Production Sharing Contract area, Gujarat, India.
- Report date: August 16, 2011
- Status: Flow back and milling operations in progress
- Past Week's Operations:
- Preparing for well clean-up operations
- Commenced first flow-back of hydrocarbons and stimulation fluids
- Objective: Cambay Eocene "tight" reservoir Y Zone
- Total Depth: 2,740 meters including 610 meters horizontal section
The participating interests in the Cambay PSC are:
- Oilex Ltd (Operator) 30%
- Oilex NL Holdings (India) Limited 15%
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd 55%
Oil & Gas Post
Promote Your Page Too